BECOME AN ART DOCENT VOLUNTEER!!!!
What is an Art Docent?
An Art Docent in the Northshore School District is a volunteer who leads art appreciation discussions and art making activities monthly in our elementary classrooms across the district.
Why Become a Docent?
- To help develop critical thinkers through arts education
- To provide an opportunity for our students to experience creating art through a variety of media
- Participate in your child’s learning! It’s FUN!! And your child will love it!!!
Basic Expectations of Art Docents
- No classroom experience required
- No artistic talent required. Lesson plans, artworks, and basic supplies are provided
- Average time commitment is 1-2 hours once a month, per your schedule
- Attend our yearly Art Docent training
- Participation in end of year Art Night/Art Auction
For more information:
Art Docent Newsletter sign up here: https://form.jotform.com/200547202377147