We are currently looking for nominations for President, V.P, Secretary and Treasurer for our 2020-2021 School Year. Elections occur every year!
Contact email@example.com for information.
We especially need a nomination for Treasurer. Did you know the PTA can’t run without one?! Job description:
- 5 General Membership meetings per year.
- Executive Board Meetings (Typically Monthly). The Treasurer is a member of the board and has a vote.
- Pick up check requests from the main office and process or ask the second signer to help with pickup and delivery. Get checks back to requestors.
- Budgeted Grants to School
- Process invoices / checks to vendors
- Provide starting cash for events as requested (Approximately 4 events per year).
- On a weekly basis, enter all information from deposits, checks, etc into Financial Software.
- Reconcile bank account and all electronic payment methods.
- Monthly treasurer’s report for the website and to be delivered at the General Membership Meetings.
- File non profit status report
- Create Budget for following year with the Executive Board
- Deliver information as requested to the financial review team
Tasks that MAY be delegated:
- Deposits – Instructions may be provided to event chairs that collect money and they may deposit funds to the bank. Approximately 5 events per year.
- File Taxes. Can be delegated to a willing member of the community or approval to pay for an accountant can be requested.
- Renew Insurance (Approximately 1 hour or less)
- SOA Document – Review with President (< 1 Hour)
- Be familiar with the Treasurer’s handbook and attend 1 training online or in person per year.
- If duties are divided into two Co-Treasurers, the second treasurer may not sign or write checks.